Sunday, November 29, 2015

Season of Hope!

HOPE - by definition is a feeling of expectation. A desire for something to happen. 

I love the beginning of Advent.  Or, really the entire season.  What if we started every month like it was the beginning of Advent?  The first of every month we would remember to have HOPE.  We would all have the desire for something great to happen. 

Great things don't always happen when we want them to.  Great things usually happen after we've had some feeling of despair while we are waiting for the next good thing to happen. 

I've never felt like God has given me more than I can handle.  In fact, I've handled everything that has come my way.  Maybe not gracefully, or the way I wished I had but I've been able to live and tell stories that contained HOPE throughout my journey.  I don't believe that God will ever give me more than I can handle.  So many times I've felt the desire to throw in the towel.  I figure that God sent his son here for me to be like him.  He laughed, he cried.  He had HOPE and disappointment.  He was joyful and saddened.  So, to I think I'm on the right track of imitating the emotions that he put before me.  I'm on a roll!!! 

I figured if the Psalmist can be afflicted to the point of death, then I'm pretty much okay.  So many times they prayed and God did not give them the answer their heart desired in the time they desired.
I've felt that same way so many times in this past year. 

However, We are to pray and the speak good things. Be still and await.  Good things will come to those who wait.  Silently.  Pray and be hopeful that good news of great Joy will await you.  No matter what the answer is. 

Normal is not what we make it, but rather what God makes it.  In a new year of new normal in my life, I HOPE that my walk will be one that imitates God and what he has in store for me. 

No comments: